The Redlynch Equestrian Association is a group of people who enjoy equestrian activities in a fun, social atmosphere.
Our aims are to:
· Provide access to safe first class facilities
· Provide activities to promote improved equestrian knowledge and skills; and
· Promote interest in equestrian activities
What is the Redlynch Equestrian Association and the Redlynch Equestrian Park?
The Redlynch Equestrian Association Inc (REA) is a community “not for profit” organisation that manages the Redlynch Equestrian Park (REP) located on Rocks Road, Redlynch, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
The REP was established in 1995 when the residents of the area lobbied the former Mulgrave Shire Council for a safe local horse riding facility. The REA was incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 on 8 August 1995, See: REA Model Rules/Constitution
The REP is located on approximately 4.5 hectares of land leased from Cairns City Council comprising 2 hectares of grassed fenced riding area and 2.5 hectares of agistment paddocks.
The REP facilities are available for use by members 365 days a year.
Some of the benefits of membership includes access to all facilities free-of-charge at the REA Grounds including:
- 60m x 20m Fenced Dressage All-Weather Sand Arena
- 20m Round Yard
- 70m x 30m All-Weather Sand Arena, with access to Jumps. This arena also has high-quality night lights available at a small hire-fee to members ($5/hr to members)
- 80m x 60m Grass Arena which has been top-dressed with sand and aerated
- Under-cover stables
- Day Yards
- Powered Camping
- Agistment Paddocks available for 17 horses (Members can request to be added to waitlist, and notified when a position becomes available).
Please remember, any person entering the REA Grounds MUST be a member of the Redlynch Equestrian Association. Membership Forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Memberships available are as follows:
$75 Single Membership
$150 Family Membership
$15 Social Membership
REA Rules & Regulations can be found in the REA Code of Conduct.