Agistment facilities are available to financial REA Members and is provided on a “first in” basis. Members can apply for agistment by completing an Agistment Request Form and you will be added to the agistment waiting list once this form has been received.
A member may apply to agist up to two horses.
As from 2013, it is a compulsory requirment that all members & visitors horses, must have received 2 rounds of Hendra Virus Vaccine before being permitted to stay overnight at the REA. This will apply to both casual & permanent agistees. Please see further updates at REA Agistment Update.
When an agistment spot becomes available;
- The next person on the Agistment waiting list will be notified by the Agistment Officer by email & phone text.
- A 2019 Agistment Form will need to be completed & signed for REA Committee Approval.
- Horses must not occupy the vacant agistment spot, until REA Committee approval has been given.
- A probation period of 3 mths applies for all new horses at the REA.
Agistment Fees are set by the REA Committee and are as follows;
- Shared Paddocks (max. of 3 horses per paddock) = $40 per week
- Strip Paddock (1 horse per paddock) = $45 per week
This fee covers lease costs, rates, insurance, maintenance, water etc. Agistment Fees may be increased at any time & (4) four weeks written notice will be provided. Last review was early 2015, and it was deemed that a substantial increase in agistment fees for 2016 was necessary (please refer to General Minutes). A refundable bond equal to (4) four weeks agistment fee is also required.
Conditions of agistment & responsibilities of agistees is detailed in the REA Agistment Update
Please contact the secretary at email@example.com for more information.